This really made me chuckle. Probably one of the funniest summaries of the current state of play in the climate debate that I've seen.
Repeated verbatim from Ron McCarley's post at WUWT:
"A Climate Alarmism Dictionary:
* Accelerated Sea Level Rise – places sinking into the ocean faster than the water’s rising.
* Accurate Temperature Measurement – what the thermometer showed after being placed beside the BBQ grill.
* Climate Alarmist – insists others don’t know what they’re talking about, but knows even less.
* Environmentalist – Leads a carbon intensive lifestyle, well beyond the
means of the average public. Visits pristine areas often but doesn’t
want anyone else to go there.
* Global Warming – not the run-of-the-mill average warming, but
disastrous, nasty warming like wearing thermal underwear in Death
Valley. Eskimos will be wearing Speedo’s if we don’t do something by
the next election cycle.
* Movie Star – arrives at a movie premiere in a Prius, after flying
there in their private jet from one of their huge mansions. Loves to
preach sacrifice to others who live from paycheck to paycheck.
Advocates all kinds of burdensome carbon taxes because the government
can’t tax their fortune more than once.
* Ocean Acidification – Hell will freeze over before carbon dioxide
turns the oceans acidic, but it’s the best scare tactic that we’ve got.
* Overpopulation – Anyone else daring to have children.
* Sacrifice for Your Children and Grandchilden – we don’t even care
about the people alive today, but it’s a great sales technique to
persuade the public to choke down policies that will hurt everybody.
* Statesman – worries about the effects of DDT and golden rice on a
wealthy nation, but ignores the countless deaths and child blindness of
others in poor countries who could be saved by their use.
* TV Climate Special – scary pictures at a 3rd grade level, suitable for chimpanzees.
* Unprecedented Warming – actually occurred many times before, but lying to the public might work."